AGED CARE PHYSIOTHERAPIST
AGED CARE PHYSIO THAT LOOKS AFTER YOU IN AN AGED CARE FACILITY
Here at Refine Physio, we understand that getting care and personalised services from a physiotherapist in an aged care facility or nursing home is a difficult task. The possibility of getting residents to visit their local physiotherapy clinic is not easy either. Therefore, we solved this problem by providing physiotherapy for senior citizens at your aged care facility!
Our goal is to provide the highest quality physiotherapy for elderly, no matter where in Brisbane the patient may be located. Not only will we go to a nursing home or aged care facility, but we can also travel to the homes of our patients by using our mobile physiotherapy service. We make it easy for anyone to receive the physiotherapy they need wherever they are.
The goal from physiotherapy for senior citizens is to help you maintain your independence, mobility, decrease pain and increase your strength.
CONDITIONS WE CAN HELP WITH
Seniors have aliments and physiotherapy needs that are unique and require a special approach that is more gentle than traditional forms of physio treatment. Due to the challenging nature of physiotherapy for elderly people, an aged care physiotherapist from Refine physio will have undergone special training in performing physio for elderly.
Our approach to aged care physio is to work at the limits of mobility that our senior patients are capable of, but to be sure that they do not push themselves beyond those limits. We find with this approach the physical mobility limits of our patients usually expand and resolve by themselves. With this method, an aged care physiotherapist can help with the treatment of many conditions, including the following:
How to Get Started with Aged Care Physio
It may seem like starting physiotherapy for elderly is big step that will be difficult and wrought with pain, but that couldn’t be any further from the truth. A senior physiotherapist will utilise pain free methods of physio that increase flexibility and overall mobility while reducing pain and discomfort. Our senior patients often benefit greatly for the aged care physio they receive, and so can you. If you’re not sure how to get started with physiotherapy for elderly, just follow these simple steps and you’ll soon be working with a professional senior physiotherapist from Refine Physio. It all starts with a phone call:
- Give us a call at (07)3216 1330 to book your first appointment with an aged care physiotherapist! Or talk to our Client Experience Officer to go through how we can work together!
- An experienced senior physiotherapist will come to you for your first appointment
- Our aged care physiotherapist will listen closely as you describe what is painful/ bothering you
- They will then perform a very thorough assessment to get the underlying diagnoses
- Once the diagnoses are discussed with you (your family, carers and/or doctors), our senior physiotherapist will write up a treatment plan to help you with your functional goal
- Our physiotherapy treatments will begin!!